Care Instructions Ottoman/ Coffee Table Tray
Now, let’s talk about how to properly care for your beloved new ottoman/coffee table tray before you go ahead and start using it, so that you can make sure that it lasts for ages and stays under warranty.
As you probably have gathered, these products are made out 100% hardwood. This wood started as rough lumber from a lumber yard, and has not been reclaimed or used for any other purposes other than for your ottoman/coffee table tray. Your ottoman/coffee table tray has already been finished with either a lacquer or danish oil (depending on the wood), and should basically be as resistant to wear and tear as a hardwood dining room table. This means that while liquids and spills should bead up and wipe off, some practical wood care tips will keep this thing shining in all it’s glory in your household for years on end. We promise it’s not rocket science.
- Make sure to clean up any spills or liquid cup rings promptly. They should bead up and wipe off easily with a paper towel or rag.
- No conditioning or refinishing should be required. The lacquer and or danish oil already on the tray should remain untouched.
- If you need to clean it, use a rag or towel with warm water. Don’t submerge it in water or run it under the faucet.
- If by some chance the handles are loose over time, just tighten the screw with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Make sure to use some kind of candle holder so that hot candle wax doesn’t spill and dry on the tray.
What NOT to do:
- Do not put the tray in the dishwasher
- Leave burning candles unattended
- Don’t set any hot pans or serving ware on it.
- Do not scrub it with any sort of abrasive cleaning agents or steel wool.
- Do no try to alter the tray in any way.