Well, first off congratulations on your decision to purchase a 100% American, handmade herringbone shutters from Nashville Woodcraft. Unless you haven’t bought it quite yet… In which case, go for it! You know you want them! As mentioned in Steve’s product description, we take no accountability for your actions under the influence of your new social class after hanging these on your house, and we apologize for the immeasurable amounts of tension and jealousy that will permeate your neighborhood after you mount these to your home.
In the super rare event that something isn’t quite right with your shutters, we have your back! Here are the details in plain English.
Unfortunately we cannot offer returns or exchanges for shutters since they are made custom and made to order. However, if your shutters have a defect or have arrived damaged, please see warranty info below.
Purchases of shutters are covered by a manufacturers warranty. This warranty coverage is applicable against workmanship and manufacturer defects. If the product arrives to you defective we will either repair or replace the product on behalf of the customer, or issue a full or partial refund for the items.
The following conditions are not covered under this warranty:
- Damage or abuse to the shutters by intentional or accidental means
- Attempting to alter the shutters, or use for purposes other than it was intended
- Straight up normal wear and tear
- Damage to the shutters from either you, or a workman during installation.
- Any damage that may occur to your home from installation, or mishandling of the shutters.
- Nashville Woodcraft cannot be held liable for any personal injury that may occur during or after installation
- Damages that may occur to shutters from acts of god, severe storms, pests, and rot from overall neglect.
For instructions on how to properly care for your shutters, please refer to the care instructions section of the website.